A Green Idea: Renewable Energy Investment Opportunities
Clean energy is an alternative investment that promotes environmental sustainability and is proving to generate substantial returns. When large corporations start funding renewable energy projects through investing, it usually means the high risks are feathering out. Investment opportunities are not just trickling in; rather there is a significant amount of renewable energy investments out there.
Why Invest in Renewable Energy?
The use of solar, wind and plant matters to create sustainable energy is becoming a leading option in energy sources. The use of these sustainable sources also lowers costs of electricity for residential and commercial building owners. The investment market for these renewable resources is booming. In 2011, the market of renewable energy investments reached $260 billion globally.
Opportunities in Investing in Renewable Energy
The opportunities in investing in renewable energy are vast. With corporations becoming more eco-friendly and thinking about lowering costs in the future, they are turning to renewable energy sources. There are even a variety of sources that have different benefits and costs for the company and the environment.
- Solar Power: Annual returns on investments are between 4% and 6% on this ethical option. An alternative to gas or coal, solar power projects are growing worldwide.
- Wind Power: Expected to be 8% or more of the world's energy supply by 2018, wind power is an impressive renewable, clean energy source. Return rates of 30% are also substantial in a three to five year term.
- Biomass: This plant based material continues to grow in the renewable energy market. 14% of the global economy's energy needs are based off of biomass. It creates a renewable fuel source and represents $138 billion in investments.
Best Investments for 2018 - Investment Opportunities Available Online
- How much do you have to invest?
- How long do you want to invest for?
- When do you require a return on investment?
To help you through the multitude of choices, enter your details below and let the Compare The Financial Markets experts find the best investment for you today.