When you compare investments, it’s wise to choose your investment funds carefully, based not only on their performance, but also on their reputation and stability. Consider these tips:
· Avoid load funds when possible, as these usually force you to pay a hefty commission. No-load funds, their opposite, come with no charges, and make for more affordable investments for starters. When you compare investments, always look for sales charges.
· Be prepared to pay a considerable minimum. Every good fund has a minimum required investment, and sometimes this can be quite substantial. Typically, the better the fund, the higher the minimum investment required. Don’t try to avoid the minimum, but rather be prepared for it.
· Invest in established mutual-fund companies. Unfortunately, despite plenty of regulations from the UK government, not all mutual funds in the UK are safe for the average investors. And it’s often those funds that look the most promising which are the most vulnerable and can easily collapse. CTFM can help you discover strong funds.
· Index funds can be a good choice for investing in stocks, because of their low costs and high performance. Managed funds, on the other hand, are in many ways safer, but at the moment not many managed funds offer high performance in the long run.
· Consider carefully the expense ratios. Some funds in the UK charge less than 1% in expenses, but others charge 2% or more. It’s usually the most attractive funds that charge the higher expenses. Before committing yourself to any such fund do the maths to make sure the high expense ratios don’t defeat the other benefits the fund might offer.
In conclusion, always compare investments carefully, preferably using a specialised resource that will guide your decisions and provide you with unbiased results.
Talk to the experts at Compare The Financial Markets.
- How much do you have to invest?
- How long do you want to invest for?
- When do you require a return on investment?
Enter your details below and let the Compare The Financial Markets experts find the best possible investment for you.