Investment opportunities in Africa
Discover Three Promising Investment Opportunities in Africa
There are many promising investment opportunities in Africa this year, but it’s not always easy to discover them if you don’t have any connections on the continent. The so-called big African investments that are sometimes listed in financial publications and on the web are appealing indeed, but since they are always in the spotlight, they become outdated really fast, usually before you can act. You want to focus instead on safe African investments that have been proven to work. Here are three investment opportunities in Africa that you should try to take advantage of.
1. South African investments in gold and platinum and diamonds. As the world’s biggest producer of these commodities, South Africa is known for its many mining companies. Investing in shares in these companies is usually safer than directly investing in the commodities, and cheaper as well. But you can also invest in gold and diamonds directly, if you find a good mutual fund.
2. Oil and gas investments in Morocco, Libya, Mauritania, and Tunisia. Africa has 12% of the world’s proven oil reserves and 9% of the proven natural gas reserves, and of these, a significant percentage is concentrated in the four North African states above mentioned. When it comes to investment opportunities in Africa, crude oil and gas remain extremely appealing commodities.
3. Telecommunications infrastructure investments across Africa. The mobile subscribers count has dramatically increased in Africa in recent years. Telecom companies earn combined revenues of over $40 billion annually, from over 730 million subscribers. Although the growth rate in the telecom industries has moderated in recent years, there is still much growth potential, for both mobile and fixed-line telephones, especially in the less developed sub-Saharan countries.
- How much do you have to invest?
- How long do you want to invest for?
- When do you require a return on investment?
To help you through the multitude of choices, enter your details below and let the Compare The Financial Markets experts find the best investment for you today.