As a Chinese investor looking to invest within the United Kingdom, you may be researching the requirements for Chinese investors in the UK in order to obtain a Tier 1 Investor Visa. To obtain an Investor visa, Chinese investors must meet the general requirements as well as specific requirements for Chinese citizens.
The primary requirements for all Tier 1 Visas, regardless of the investor’s home country, are essentially the same. The general requirements include:
· Have at least £1 million available for investment and held in a UK financial institution.
· Be prepared to invest at least £750,000 immediately within the UK upon approval of your investor visa.
· Be able to spend at least 50% of your time in the United Kingdom.
· Not be employed beyond the management of your own finances.
· Be prepared to show English language proficiency either with proof of English as your primary language, the earning of a degree from an English speaking institution, or take and pass a proficiency test. However, since most investors are not expected to be employed within the UK, the language requirements can be waived.
· Submit an application and provide supporting documentation.
· Provide biometric information including fingerprints and facial image within expressive guidelines.
In addition to the above-mentioned requirements, applicants for the Tier 1 Investor Visa that are from China are required to provide these additional documents:
· Your family book (hukou)
· Business license, if applicable
· Your CSSC government sponsorship certificate, if your application is government sponsored
· Deposit certificate, if you submit a deposit slip as proof of funds
· Chinese applicants of the UK Investor Visa must also visit a visa application centre to complete the initial application process.
The following cities in China have visa application centres:
Apply Online Today For an Investor Visa, Just Fill in The Form Below