Genius, Visionary, Provocateur
Any investors with an eye on opportunities offered by the contemporary art scene cannot help but have encountered the name Tyler Shields. Since emerging from the extreme sport of vert in-line skating, Shields has been called a genius, a visionary, a provocateur and an enfant terrible for his extraordinary photography, film and performance art projects. Like Tracy Emin or Carl Andre, the Sex Pistols and N.W.A. before him, the 31-year-old Floridian is a polarizing original talent whose ground-breaking work tags him as one of the hottest artists in the world right now.
A No-brainer Art Investment Opportunity
As an investment, Tyler Shields is a no brainer:
- In 2013 he sold a single 16’ x 9’ photograph entitled Leap of Faith to Gilmore Girls actor Scott Patterson for $500,000
- In just three years, 60” x 40” prints of Shields’ photography on sale at London’s Imitate Modern Gallery have appreciated tenfold in value, from £1,500 to £15,000 each
- All of Shield’s pieces are produced in limited editions of just three in each size (30” x 20”, 60” x 40”, 72” x 48”), making them instantly highly collectable and sought after
- 60” x 40” prints of Shields’ controversial ‘Birkin Series’ sell at a staggering £60,000 each
- Collectors and champions of Shield’s work include rock music legend Sir Elton John, Made in Chelsea star Rosie Fortescue, socialite Tamara Ecclestone, and members of the US rock band Kings of Leon.
Invest in Tyler Shields’ Submerged
Shields’ next major collection debuts at the Imitate Modern Gallery on October 9th, running to November 9th. Entitled Submerged, this is a hugely anticipated exhibit, with investors and collectors already jostling for position to reserve pieces prior to the show’s opening. In this competitive climate and frenzied clamour for the art of Tyler Shields there can be no better time to invest in his exciting, provocative work than right now.
For further information on how to invest in Tyler Shields’ art, fill in the simple form below.